Friday, May 25, 2012
School's Out for the Summer!!!!
I know that it's been forever since I've written anything on here. As a teacher, spring seems to be the busiest, craziest time of year. But, today is the last day of high school finals and it's almost over!!!!! The last day of school for me is always bittersweet. There are always a few classes that I am happy to say good riddance to, but there are also those with a particularly sweet or fun mix of students that I know I will sorely miss the next year.
Right now I am proctoring my last final, and as I watch the students' furrowed brows I am reminded of the duty and responsibility I have as a teacher...I'm the one that's in charge of a whole year of their apprehension of the French language?!? I'm the one who is supposed to mold their minds for an hour every single day?!? When I really have the time to sit at my desk and watch them and think, it's a scary, humbling thing.
My third year of molding has come to an end, and with summer just around the corner (the weekend), right now it tastes sweet, not bitter! Here's to weekends at the lake, to San Diego, to nannying, to painting, to Washington D.C....to SUMMER!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Congratulations on another year of teaching. Enjoy your summer!
ReplyDelete