I just discovered the best cooking blog I've ever seen:
Smitten Kitchen. It's definitely not one of the "easiest dishes/shortcuts/halfway-homeade" blogs...it's pretty gourmet. But, a lot of her recipes are still doable, and the fact that she's an excellent writer makes it all the more fun to read. I know what it's like to work and to be on the constant lookout for the-easy-way-out, simple meals. I like those, too! But, while looking on pinterest lately I've been annoyed with the amount of packaged and prepared-food recipes. You can only make so many oreo bars and no-bake cookies. Please don't think that I'm a snob! I like easy, trust me. But, sometimes I just want to be inspired to cook. Period. This blog is just for that. Her writing and recipes inspire me to get in the kitchen, and regardless of what I make or don't make, that's a feat in and of itself! The blog is definitely not updated daily, but since it's been going for five solid years and I've just discovered it I have plenty of perusing to do. Below are a few pictures to entice you. Bon appetit!

corn, buttermilk and chive popovers
pear, cranberry and gingerbread crumble
authentic French onion soup
pasta with homeade pea pesto
No comments:
Post a Comment