I just found out today that I get to go back to Paris with a group of students during the January Term at our school. I'm so excited! Some people's initial jealousy when they hear I am going turns into a painful groan when they realize that I, along with three other teachers, will be taking 25 high schoolers across the Atlantic Ocean. But, even though the management can be challenging and tiring at times, as a teacher it is a precious thing to get to see their faces light up when they see the Eiffel Tower for the first time, or order from a menu in French at a cafe. The things I talk about in class and attempt to meagerly express through lessons are finally brought to life, made real. When I first tasted Paris my junior year of college I knew that no matter how many times I returned, the magic of the city would never fade for me. Can't wait!
Thursday, October 13, 2011
Paris
I just found out today that I get to go back to Paris with a group of students during the January Term at our school. I'm so excited! Some people's initial jealousy when they hear I am going turns into a painful groan when they realize that I, along with three other teachers, will be taking 25 high schoolers across the Atlantic Ocean. But, even though the management can be challenging and tiring at times, as a teacher it is a precious thing to get to see their faces light up when they see the Eiffel Tower for the first time, or order from a menu in French at a cafe. The things I talk about in class and attempt to meagerly express through lessons are finally brought to life, made real. When I first tasted Paris my junior year of college I knew that no matter how many times I returned, the magic of the city would never fade for me. Can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment