Monday, February 10, 2014

The Past Six Months

I can't believe it's been almost six months since I've posted anything on this blog. It's definitely not for lack of happenings in the Greenwald household. I don't have any pictures for this post since I'm at school monitoring a study hall (and for once in my life have a few minutes at school without a pile of papers to grade and lessons to plan). But, here's a shot at summing up what's been going on around here:

1. November 9, 2013: I traveled to Rome for a long weekend for a training tour with the company my school uses for all of its trips to Europe. I had already traveled with the company, but this was my first time as a leader so I got to attend a conference and mock tour in Rome with other teachers from around the country! I had already been to Rome, but I enjoyed seeing some new things while I was there, including the Pantheon, the National Museum of Rome, and the Spanish Steps.

2. Thanksgiving 2013: Nate and Christi and fam came to Little Rock!!! Nothing compares to getting the whole family together (all 14 of us now) for the holidays. Hate that we live so far away from each other the rest of the year.

3. Decemeber 2013: The Great Flood of 2013! After just finishing up the academic semester, Peyton and I were sitting on the couch, celebrating with a glass of wine and some TV. But, the relaxing didn't last too long as Little Rock received a monsoon of rain and our house was completely flooded (via our back door AND storm door). Thanks to the help of our parents and neighbors we saved all of our furniture and walls, but we had to replace all of our hardwoods and take up all of our carpet for cleaning and re-stretching. A test, to say the least.

4. Christmas 2013: Swedish Smorgasbord with the Scholls and Christmas morning with the Greenwalds

5. January 1, 2014: Our floors were demolished. We vacated the property!

6. January 6, 2014: I led a group of 38 students and adults to Paris and Provence for 10 days. It was a fabulous trip! Wonderful students, chaperones, weather, and sight-seeing.

7. January 15th, 2014: Peyton got the flu, and he got in to grad school! He is currently working on his MBA and hopes to finish in two years.

8. February 2014: We got to move back in to our house! Home never looked so sweet.

I truly don't mean to bore you with details, but I wanted to document the last few months for posterity's sake. Pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment