There are a few spots in the study where I think that the author fuzzes the line a bit between opinion and fact regarding interpretation of the text, but ultimately I have thoroughly enjoyed it. I was familiar with the story of Ruth and Boaz and had read through it before, but this study has shed light on aspects of the story that I had never picked up on or bothered to look in to. And, it's definitely been convicting. I have been humbled (ironically) by Ruth's humility: she desires neither fame nor fortune nor comfort but continually makes choices and works quietly and steadily for others. Out of humble obedience she builds a shining reputation for herself. Interestingly, the book of Ruth directly follows the book of Proverbs in the Hebrew Bible (didn't know that before I read this!), and after studying Ruth it is astounding how perfectly she matches the description of a Noble Wife in Proverbs 31. I could go on and on...all that to say...if you're looking for a study to do on your own (not even necessarily in a group), this is a good one!
The most refreshing thing I've been reminded of through reading Ruth: God, in all of his sovereignty, chooses to forgive us and restore us and work all things together for HIS purpose...despite our sometimes fallen, sinful means. What a comfort.

No comments:
Post a Comment