Thursday, December 22, 2011

Joyeux Noel

Whenever I get a second in the midst of the Christmas hustle-and-bustle, after finals are over and before the rush begins, I can't help but reflect on the year that's past. Once the new year comes it's hard not to think about the year ahead and resolutions and plans, but this is that fragile time of year when it's easy to think back. This year there are more than just a few milestones to remember...

I got to see Italy and Monaco for the first time with a group of 18 students from Little Rock Christian.

As Junior Class Sponsor, I co-led a week-long ski trip to Colorado and planned prom for 330 students. Peyton put up with lots of cranky days and tears of stress and I loved him even more for it, though neither of us look back on that job with too much fondness!

Rachel and Ben got married!

My poor mom broke her hip in May, then her knee in December. She was a testament to us all of a woman of faith, who through major disappointment and discouragement, still reminded us all of God's sovereignty on a regular basis. She is amazing!

We bought a house!

...and got married...

...and went on a honeymoon!

And we returned home, and continued our jobs, and celebrated our first birthdays as a married couple, and settled in, and here we are celebrating our first Christmas. It's become a trite thing to say "time flies" because it's said so much, but it's still true. Every year has its highs and lows, but God is constant and faithful and good, and that never changes. As I look back on this past year I am thankful for many things, but mainly for God's blessing (that I don't deserve) and for his provision for my family this year.



Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Lindsey! I miss you so much! What a year! Really enjoyed reading your realistic version of this past year. We all know there are highs and lows, and I love your refreshing perspective on it all :) You and Peyton are such a sweet couple, and your Mom rocks. Let's talk very soon. Enjoy your break! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your blog. How is it that I was unaware of it in the past?!

    ReplyDelete